Swim Best Filter Cleaner & Degreaser For Swimming Pools and Spas - 1 qt
Cure for clogged, contaminated filters
Proper filtration and chemical treatment are equally important in maintaining good pool water quality. Filter Cleaner & Degreaser is a unique proprietary blend of alkaline salts, solvents, surfactants, sequestering and chelating agents formulated to remove oils, grease and filter clogging debris from DE, cartridge and sand filters in pools. While the alkaline compounds, solvents and surfactants act as cleaning agents, the sequestering and chelating agents act as metal/mineral suspenders and removers by keeping the ions dissolved in water, until they are removed with the debris laden wastewater from the cleaning process.
- Returns filter to its optimum efficiency – Removes scale, rust, oil etc. which act to reduce filter efficiency.
- Minimizes cloudy water due to clogged filter – Removes grease, body oils and suntan lotions which collect in the filter.
- Reduces odors caused by contaminated filters – Removes organic deposits that cause odors. The product itself has a mild, clean and pleasant fragrance.
- Maximizes volume of water filtered – Periodic use of Filter Cleaner & Degreaser reduces maintenance costs by promoting better filtration, lengthening filter cycles and prolonging life of filter.
- Aggressive cleaner – Due to the complex chemistry involved in its formulation, Filter Cleaner & Degreaser does a thorough cleaning for any type of pool, spa or hot tub filter.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE FOR D.E. AND CARTRIDGE FILTERS
- Remove cartridge or element and hose off debris with a garden hose.
- Using the spray bottle with full strength product, evenly coat elements or cartridge.
- Let stand for 10 minutes, rinse thoroughly for about 5 minutes, using a garden hose.
- Alternatively, soak elements or cartridge in a clean plastic bucket containing a solution of 1 part product to three parts water.
DIRECTIONS FOR SAND FILTER AND NON-REMOVABLE ELEMENTS
- Backwash the filter thoroughly. Turn the pump off and pour Filter Cleaner into skimmer basket. Chlorine must be removed from the skimmer basket and automatic feeder must be turned off prior to any addition of this product.
- See dosage chart on product for the exact amount of product to be used.
- Turn pump on until pump primes and product moves into filter, then turn pump off, leaving filter selector in backwash position and wait one hour.
- Turn pump on with selector in the same position, until backwash waste water is clear.
- Note: If filter has not been degreased within 12 months, use double the amount of product.
- Once chlorine is removed from skimmer basket and the automatic feeder is turned off, pour 8 ounces of Filter Cleaner into skimmer while backwashing filter.
- Repeat this process at each backwashing for maximum filter performance.
There are no reviews yet.Leave a Review