CHLORINATOR & SHOCK Multi-Function Shock for Swimming Pools
Importance of Sanitization
Pools & spas are extremely vulnerable to illness causing bacteria or other contaminants introduced into the water by bathers and environmental factors. Chlorine based sanitizers are strong, effective disinfectants. They kill harmful bacteria, aid in algae control and help keep the pool clean and clear. These sanitizers also leave a beneficial chlorine residual in the water that continuously destroys new bacteria entering the pool, protecting swimmers from potentially harmful contaminants. Sanitization is a critical part of any pool care program.
Chlorinator & Shock is a concentrated chlorinating sanitizer. When used as directed, this product provides effective bacterial, fungicidal and algaecidal control in swimming pools. Chlorinator & Shock reacts with water to release hypochlorous acid, the active killing form of chlorine that does the actual sanitizing work.
- Stabilized –Built in stabilizer containing cyanuric acid helps prevent sunlight from degrading the chlorine.
- Fast dissolving – Dissolves rapidly making it ideal for vinyl pools and safe for all pool surfaces.
- Fast acting – 56% available chlorine quickly kills bacteria and algae.
- Restores water clarity – Sanitizes and oxidizes contaminants that lead to dull, hazy water.
- Does not cloud water – Neutral pH prevents clouding effect when shocking.
- Ideal for salt water pools – Adds new chlorine as well as stabilizer in one application.
For Swimming Pools:
Ensure all pool equipment is working properly. Backwash the filter system and adjust pH to between 7.2 – 7.6. Add Chlorine Stabilizer to establish a minimum level of 30-40 ppm.
Shock / Super Chlorination:
- Broadcast one (1) lb. of this product per 10,000 gallons directly into the water in the deep end of the pool.
- Use a pool brush to disperse any granules that may settle to the bottom of the pool.
- Continue operating the pump and filter for at least 10 hours following treatment. DO NOT reenter pool until chlorine residual has dropped to 1-3 ppm.
- With pump running, broadcast four (4) ounces of this product per 10,000 gallons directly into the water in the deep end of the pool.
- Repeat additions until a residual of 1-3 ppm chlorine is established as determined by the use of a test kit.
- Use a pool brush to disperse granules that may have settles to the bottom of the pool.
- Brush all surface-clinging algae visible on the pool surface.
- At night, or when the pool is not in use, broadcast in the deep end of the pool with the pump running.
- Use two (2) lbs. of this product per 10,000 gallons of pool water for medium to heavy algae growth, and one (1) lb. per 10,000 gallons for light growth.
- Brush to disperse any granules that settle to the bottom. If algae is still visible, repeat treatment
There are no reviews yet.Leave a Review