Hi, I use this for staring up my spa or when I need to shock it. It does take a full pack per treatment but If you buy it in bulk you can save on the shipping costs. My local Leslie's pool supply sells this for $5.49 per pack so a good deal here and if you buy three boxes (18 packs) you save shipping costs. Excellent shipping and tracking info. They even let me know the package was delivered- on time too.
Leisure Time Sodium Bromide creates a bromide reserve when using Brom Tabs to ensure a fully bromine-based sanitizing system.
- For use with brominating tablets in hot tubs
- Establishes a bromide reserve
1. Add 1/2 oz. per 100 gallons of spa water to establish a 30 ppm bromide reserve.
2. Add Brom Tabs to establish a bromine level.
3. Repeat steps 1-2 when spa is drained and refilled.