Unicel Filter Replacement for Freeflow Spas, 25 square foot cartridge.
Outer Diameter 4 5/8” Pleatco PFF25TC-P4
Length 6 5/8" Filbur FC-2400
Top Hole Closed
Bottom Hole 1 ½” MPT
Unicel - Clearly the BEST POOL & SPA FILTERS
Things to Consider When Purchasing a Cartridge Replacement
- Does your cartridge meet the specifications of the NSF certification for your filter system? NSF certifies systems based on a stated square footage and type of media specified by the system manufacturer.
- Is the basis weight of the media in your cartridge the same as that specified by the system manufacturer? Assure you are not getting a cartridge with media that weighs 3 ounces per square yard in a system that specifies elements with 4 ounces per square yard. “4 oz media” contains 33% more fibers by weight than “3 oz media”. This significantly increases its durability, filtration matrix and dirt trapping ability and provides for longer, more efficient filtration.
- Is the media in your cartridge finished with a “flat bond” or a “point bond”? The point bonding process fuses the area on and around the bond for no or low water flow; this effectively reduces the surface area of your element up to 20%!
- Does the square footage of your cartridge match that of your filter systems? Under or oversizing your elements may not yield the best system performance.
- Does your replacement cartridge have support bands like the original from the system manufacturer did? The support bands on a cartridge play an important role in maintaining pleat spacing and preventing pleat bunching in the tank and during cleaning.
- How does your cartridge balance “dirt holding” and “cleanability?” Dirt holding and cleanability are a tradeoff. Cartridges that hold more dirt are going to be harder to clean.
- Made in the USA