Really trust this company. I have used them for longer then 16 years. Our family really enjoys our hot tub and keeping the water clean and clear has been easier by using these products.
Spa Essentials Alkalinity Increaser
Spa Essentials Alkalinity Increaser granular raises alkalinity levels to protect spa and hot tub water from sudden pH changes. Carbonates in water help stabilize pH, but the heat and aeration of spas and hot tubs drive out carbon dioxide. Consequently, pH in spas and hot tubs tends to rise. If pH is outside the recommended range it can cause problems:
- Swimmer Discomfort - Bloodshot eyes and irritated skin can be signs of a high or a low pH.
- Equipment Deterioration - High pH forces minerals into solids and forms scale. A low pH will corrode equipment and the spa interior.
- Chemical Inefficiency - Chlorine (and to a lesser extent bromine) residuals become less active at a high pH and overly active at a low pH. Although bromine operates in a wider pH range than chlorine, it's still a problem if pH is excessively high or low.
- Water Clarity - High pH can make the water cloudy.
Since spas and hot tubs are smaller, holding fewer gallons of water, pH changes caused by people and chemical treatments are more dramatic. In order to create an environment that is truly safe and relaxing, you have to control these pH fluctuations through having the proper total alkalinity level.
- Raises alkalinity level to protect spa water from sudden changes in pH
- Helps prevent staining, corrosion and pH bounce