I used the Pool RX last Summer and It helped my pool w/ less chemicals needed. no algae on the side walls of pool the Phoenix sun can be brutal the pool water temps can reach 90
PoolRx Mineral Unit - Black Extreme for 20K - 30K Pools
PoolRx Mineral Unit contains a proprietary blend of minerals that continuously and effectively eliminate algae. The specially treated alloy cylinder is packed with PoolRx mineral formulation. These minerals immediately dissolve out of the cylinder and form a stable residual throughout the pool water for up to 6 months. The minerals eliminate the algae while freeing up low levels of chlorine to and pass through the cylinder. PoolRx works synergistically with a constant low level of chlorine.
Residential (0.5 - 1.0 ppm);
Commercial (1.0 - 5.0 ppm)
Also Ideal for Salt Pools
PoolRx improves the saltwater experience. The minerals reduce the salt chlorine production needed to keep your salt pool algae free. Less salt chlorine production extends the life of the salt cell and reduces the amount of acid needed to balance the pH. PoolRx prolongs the life of your equipment, saves you money, and improves the quality of your water.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
It is a violation of federal law to use the product in a manner inconsistent with its labelling.
- Clean or backwash your filter before adding PoolRx and remove all debris from skimmer and pump basket.
- Place the PoolRx unit into pump basket or skimmer basket. Ideally place in pump basket for increased water flow.
- The PoolRx unit should be added to the pool when the pump has at least 3 to 4 hours left on run cycle. This will insure the minerals completely dissolve out of the unit and through the filter into the pool or spa.
- Pump should run during the heat of the day.
- The pool should turn over its volume of water at least 1.5 times per day, this normally requires 6 to 8 hours per day this depends on gallons of water in your pool and pump flow rate.
- Do not re-clean or backwash filter for at least 2 weeks after PoolRx unit is installed so minerals can dissolve through the filter, whether it is a cartridge, D.E., or sand filter.
- Maintain normal pool chemistry ranges:
Residential Chlorine 0.5ppm – 1.0ppm
Commercial Chlorine 1.0ppm - 5.0ppm
pH 7.2 - 7.8
Alkalinity 80 - 120
Cyanuric Acid 10 - 80
- Replace the Poolrx unit in basket every 12 months.
- If algae is coming back or the water looks dull you know it’s time to add PoolRx booster minerals
- Add a PoolRx booster after 4-6 Months if needed
- No need for phosphate removers, algaecides, clarifiers
- PoolRx is not compatible for use with bromine or biguanides
- Do not add Cal-Hypo products directly to your pool. Cal-Hypo products must be diluted prior to adding to your pool.